Gin and Tonic

Gin and Tonic

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm pretty much the worst...

Seriously.
I'm a terrible blog owner. Whenever my life gets busy I tend to forget about them.
I realize its been a very long time since I've updated, but I've still been baking.
A lot.

I've been working on developing my own recipes lately which is another reason why I haven't been posting them. My dream is to own a bakery, so it doesn't make much sense to post the recipes. I will happily post photos and posts about my baking endeavors though.

My life has been pretty crazy lately. I recently quit my job and moved to Mississippi. My husband joined the Air Force which has been a blessing because it allows me to focus on my baking instead of working 40 hours a week and being a full time mom while also trying to create my own recipe repertoire.

That's what I've been doing. I've been beefing up my arsenal with lots of standard recipes that can be modified to create other recipes. I've also been doing the same thing with my non baked goods. I've perfected my meat sauce finally! I focused on breads for a while and came up with a delicious honey wheat recipe that tastes like heaven. I would like to perfect a couple of other breads as well. Foccacia, pizza dough, and recreating my grandmother's stick rolls are in my future.

What's my main goal?
Macaroons.
Oh, yes. Probably my favorite thing...ever.
I plan on teaching myself how to make them this winter when it's slightly less humid here. It's going to be incredibly frustrating, I'm sure. Oh well. Totally worth it.

I'm going to be taking some classes soon including a chocolate class and an icing flowers class.
I would like to learn how to make caramels and truffles to give as holiday gifts. I need to send some care packages home.

Well...that's about all I can think to type. I'm going to post some pictures of cupcakes I've made recently in another post as well as a post about making my first cookie recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment