Gin and Tonic

Gin and Tonic

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Snickerdoodles I

I love cinnamon. We just go together.
I made 8 dozen cookies a while ago for a pitch in at my husband's gym, but the snickerdoodles came out a little hard. I used the recipe from Sweet Chic. They tasted fine, but they weren't soft or chewy enough.

I immediately started brainstorming my own recipe...started writing it in my little bitty notebook with ideas and then what I call a recipe skeleton. I write down proportions or sometimes what I think the actual recipe should look like. I usually end up changing some things as I go along.

This was my first time making a cookie recipe of my own. They came out almost perfect. Snickerdoodles II will have an extra 1/4 teaspoon of salt in the dough and I will refrigerate the balls of dough for a while before baking them because they got a little flat.

They taste incredibly rich and buttery...from my two secret ingredients no doubt. They're already almost half gone and I haven't even given any to my neighbors.

I will be making some cinnamon spice buttercream and turning some into sandwich cookies later. I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment