Gin and Tonic

Gin and Tonic

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Flavor of the Week...and NEWS!

Normally, I would announce this on Monday, and then the surprise of the weekend would be what I decided to make, but things are weird because it's the first week.

So...Flavor of the Week....vanilla/almond!

Not such a surprise, I'm making the vanilla almond cupcakes with blackberry buttercream!


Kitchen news! I will be doing some light renovations to our dismal can opener of a kitchen...including the purchase of a Martha Stewart Kitchenaid stand mixer. I will, of course be getting a batter scraping paddle, glass bowl, and pasta attachment.

Any name suggestions?


As a side note, if anyone would like to volunteer to be a taster let me know!

Better yet, if you would like to buy a batch that I have made for the blog, let me know! I can do special orders for parties, and I won't charge you out the butt like a cupcake shop would.


Last question...how do you feel about a bonus cupcake? Bacon with maple buttercream...?

3 comments:

  1. The bacon with maple buttercream sounds amazing. They have a doughnut like that at a place called VooDoo doughnuts. Not sure where the place is (I forgot lol) but it's not a bacon doughnut though. It's a regular yeast doughnut with maple glaze then a big ass piece of bacon on top of it. So go for it, if they can do it with those you can do it with cupcakes, and as always everything is better with bacon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I saw that on Food Network. There's a place in Fishers that has bacon maple cupcakes. They're very muffiny though.
    I'm going to try to lighten up the cakes, and put at least 6 slices of bacon in the batter. I'll probably use set bacon grease as part of the fat content too. Oh, I'm a bad Jew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely keep you in mind for bakery catering!

    ReplyDelete